Thursday, February 12, 2009

Salma Hayek breastfeeds another baby...what a great mom!

Your thoughts? This story brought tears to my eyes. If I was in Salma's shoes, and was still breastfeeding and in a place where there was a starving child, I'd like to think I would do the same. The sad part of this story is, what has happened to this child since that day? There is much to much sadness in this world. If I could make one wish come true, it would be that all children could be healthy, loved, fed.

Salma quote: “The baby was perfectly healthy, but the mother didn’t have milk. He was very hungry. I was weaning Valentina, but I still had a lot of milk that I was pumping, so I breastfed the baby. You should have seen his eyes. When he felt the nourishment, he immediately stopped crying.”

Wow... she should be proud. Amazing story!


Reluctant Housewife said...

Wow. I probably would have done the same. It would be hard not to... But where is that baby now, I wonder? One feeding isn't going to solve his hunger.

Loukia said...

I know, that is the sad part about this story. Just thinking about hungry children around the world can get me into a serious depression.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs