Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I know I've mentioned this before...




But Confessions of a Shopaholic comes out THIS FRIDAY! I am SO EXCITED! I hardly have time to go to the movies anymore, but I think I am going to make a huge effort to go this week. I really want to go this Friday. (Although I hate going out on weeknights, because that means hardly any time with the kids after a full day of work in the office...) Anyway - yes, it's a fluffy girly movie about a fluffy girly book, but this book is totally me. I mean I'm a HUGE SHOPAHOLIC. I spend way too much money. It's actually not something to be proud of, it's just a part of who I am. I love designer purses. I love the designer purses I own. I love the thrill of shopping and new purchases and having to go home and organize my closet and just the excitement of a new bag, really. I am happy that recently Ottawa is getting better stores to shop at. But I still love shopping the most when I'm out of the country. I know, this sounds horrible... but I can find a lot more when I'm in like, D.C. or in Miami, you know!

My love for shopping for myself has recently died down - I now love to shop for my boys. (Can you imagine if I had girls? I'd be in serious trouble!) They have more clothes then they should... I donate a lot to Children's Aid and I have sold stuff to Boomerang Kids, too. I just can't help it... I love to shop for them! Clothes, books - oh, the books - and toys. It's my passion. Too bad I can't get paid for shopping, eh?

I realize this post makes me sound pretty horrible. I am not a horrible person. And I'm not really materialistic. It's just, I love to shop. Maybe I should see a therapist.

3 comments:

LuLu and Moxley's Mom said...

One of my best friends LOVES to shop. She also has two boys which is a blessing in disguise. With two girls she might have to declare bankruptcy! Nothing wrong with a little shopping high, right? There are worse addictions...

Let us know how that movie is!

twinmomplusone said...

I'm so looking forward to taht movie too! Read the whole series of Shopaholic books, such fun easy reads. I'll admit, I'm the opposite of a shopaholic, have a hard time shopping. Maybe you could give me some lessons?

Loukia said...

Oh, if only I could get paid to help other people shop! Sadly, beside being a great mom (if I do say so myself!) I am very good at spending money - which is NOT A GOOD THING! ;)
I hope to see this movie this weekend - if that doesn't work out, I am going to go on Monday night. I will for sure write all about it after I see it!
It was a fun series to read!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs