Monday, February 9, 2009

Art for everyone!

I thought this would be a good time to mention that my mom, Katerina Mertikas, is a professional and successful artist. Her work is featured in galleries across the country, and here in Ottawa, she's with Koyman Galleries.

Her work sells amazingly well, and once you see one of her pieces, you'll see why... she's quite popular among families with young children. A lot of times, people will tell her they see their children in her work, or they'll remember a time from their past that makes them feel all happy and warm. I have several of her pieces in my house, and she has also made custom paintings for my children's rooms.

If you've ever been to CHEO, you'll notice several of her pieces there, as well as the maternity ward of the Ottawa Civic Hospital. She has done a lot of charity work with UNICEF, Children's Aid Society, and much more.

P.S. Now that I think about it, I have probably already written a post about my mom and her artwork.. however, my horrible memory can't confirm this right now... and I don't have the time to do a search!


twinmomplusone said...

I LOVE your mom! Both as a person and as an artist. I've commisioned a few paintings from her over the eyars. Some as year end gifts for school teachers and one for me: a beautiful painting depicting our home and family, one of my most prized posessions.

Loukia said...

Thank you very much! I am glad you enjoy your painting so much. I have a few that I treaure, as well.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs