Friday, November 30, 2007

Thoughts on a Friday afternoon...

My heartburn is brutal. So bad. So painful! No matter what I eat/don't eat, or drink/don't drink. OJ makes it worse, however, I still insist on drinking a glass every a.m. with my Materna. WHY OH WHY do I do that to myself! However - even on an empty stomach, same thing. The reflux, the pain! Horrible! Same exact thing with my first pregnancy. I guess this means baby boy number 2 will also have a beautiful full head of hair! :) And at least I know as soon as baby pops out, the heartburn will go away. Phew!

Why do drivers of minivans and big trucks insist on driving like insane idiots when there is a blizzard outside? I mean really! It's a freaking MINIVAN! Not a fine German automobile, so drive carefully! After all you are clearly a parent if you have to resort to driving a minivan so think about your kids! And the other kids on the road! Geez!

I am so not into getting my child's photo taken with 'Santa'. This is Christos's 3rd Christmas and I just can't do it. It's not really Santa, anyway! Just some random old man dressed up as a Santa. And plus, my kid's not dumb. He would not sit on a strange man's lap. I'm all into everything Christmas but the sitting on Santa's lap thing is, I think, lame. We have enough real Christmas memories! And also? It feels kinda weird knowing I'm lying to my kid about Santa coming down out fireplace at Christmas to leave presents... I'm a full participant in that - we have the plate and cup from Starbucks set that says "Cookies for Santa" and everything - but it just feels a bit weird!

Do people who own pets actually put up pet stockings? I find that weird, too! (You know by now I'm not an animal lover!)

I'm sickened lately by the stories I have been reading in the news about insane people.

Yay for all the snow we've been getting! I do think it's safe to say we'll be having a White Christmas for sure!

Why do people complain about not having enough time to do their Christmas shopping? Come on folks! There is SO ENOUGH time! No matter how busy you are, there is always time to shop! How can people NOT enjoy Christmas shopping? I don't get it! I'm about 1/3 done my shopping. And Christmas cards will be in the mail early next week! No excuses people! Get thee to a mall!

My baby boy amazes me more and more every single day. He is only 2 and knows all his colours, his numbers (up to 10) and his alphabet and knows what each letter stands for "A for apple" "D for daddy", etc. Every day he says new words... he amazes me. He is so smart, so HILARIOUSLY funny, so beautiful, I am sooooooooooooo thankful that I can't even write about it clearly!

The weekend is here! Here's to getting the hardwood floors finished on baby boy's nursery and here's to finding Christos a nice new bedroom set! :)

No comments:

Blog Designed by: NW Designs