Thursday, October 18, 2007

156... and counting!

My son loves reading. He loves books, loves spending time in the library and at Chapters, and loves our night-time reading routine. We read about 20 books a night. Which can be very tiring, but sometimes, that's what my boy wants. And sometimes it gives him a second wind, which makes his bedtime even later... but that's another story altogether... He can say titles of all his favourite books, knows what's coming up next, knows a lot of the alphabet - already! And I'm so very proud of him. I remember he took an interest in books when he was just under 3 months old, when my mom brought him a few new books when he was in CHEO with his kidney infection. His eyes just lit up! I love that he loves to 'read' and that he loves books. I think it is so important in a child's life.

I loved, and still love, reading. Books were and are a passion of mine. If I don't have a book to read, I start to panic. I spend way too much on books, but I like to own them and watch my bookcase grow! But books are expensive!

Recently, I decided to count the books my son owns. I counted 156. Most of these books are in his bookcase in his room, some in his toy-basket thingy in our family room, a few in the car, and some in his basement playroom bookcase. And this is not counting the books at my parents house, (the ones we've brought over, not the ones my mom has bought for him) and not counting the books at my inlaw's. If I had to count all those books, too, well, he owns well over 200 books! And he's only 2 years old! Do you realize how much money that is? Yikes! Scary!

But... it is all worth it. Let's just hope his little brother has a keen interest in reading, too!

4 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

one can never have too many books :)

Loukia said...

I agree! :)

tapu said...

You mentioned that your son loves reading, it's good for him. I would like your son to try to listen to audiobooks too, check them out at
http://astore.amazon.com/listentoaudiobook-20

tapu said...

You mentioned that your son loves reading, it's good for him. I would like your son to try to listen to audiobooks too, check them out at
http://astore.amazon.com/listentoaudiobook-20

Blog Designed by: NW Designs