Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Goodbye, Sheraton Bal Harbour...




One of my most favourite resorts in the world is closing its doors on July 1st. Sadly. The Sheraton Bal Harbour Resort is being closed down, and turning into a St. Regis hotel/apartments. I'm sure that'll be nice, but how they could tear about the lush, tropical pool area I don't know.

My mom, sister, and I stayed there in the summer of 2004 - one of my favourite vacations ever, not counting my honeymoon in Aruba and trips to Greece. There is something so wonderful about Bal Harbour to me. It is in between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, just this little exclusive area where really, there is this resort, and across the street, the best mall in the United States. The stores in the middle (Chanel, Versace, Armani, Tiffany, Valentino, Fendi, Louis Vuitton, to name a few - are flagged by Neiman Marcus at one end, and Saks on the other end. My favourite Italian restaurant is also at this mall, Carpaccio's. Yum!

So, yes, I was so sad when I found out this resort was closing its doors. But I am glad I had the opportunity to enjoy a fun, sun-filled vacation there. Because it was such a great experience!

Now, we are planning to return to Florida this summer, with my little Christos, too. I can't wait to see him in the water, playing in the waves, on his first airplane ride, and in his first hotel room with me. :)

We will be staying at the Westin Diplomat, another stunning resort just a stone's throw away from the shops at Bal Harbour. I know I will not be able to shop as much as I would like on this trip, because what 2 year old boy wants to be inside, shopping? Luckily, I'll be travelling in my pregnant state, so what do I need to buy anyway? OH yeah - I can finally shop at A Pea In The Pod! Hoorah!

So goodbye, Sheraton Bal Harbour, and hello Westin Diplomat.

No comments:

Blog Designed by: NW Designs