Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The dream is over...



As far as I am concerned, the dream really is over for the Sens and all their fans. I don't think it's possible to come back from a 3-1 loss in the series. The Sens will have to win 3 games in a row. Of course, I'd LOVE to be proven wrong, but I think after their loss last night, I'm just going to stop watching the games. Way too painful.

I took my son up to bed last night when the game was tied 2-2. He was excited to be watching, saying 'go!' and 'goal!' - it was adorable! And when I took him up to bed, and came down a little later on, I found out the Sens lost. 3-2. Sigh... I was so sure they'd win last night... so sure! I'm glad I was not at the game, to be honest with you. How exciting to be there last night, up until they lost... then, how depressing would it have been, to leave? I hate that they are losing... they really do deserve to win. I think Canada really wants this, our fans are really wanting this and it's just too bad we can't bring the Cup home.

Maybe they'll win tomorrow. Maybe they'll win again in Ottawa... and maybe they'll win game 7. But luck is just not on our side anymore.

2 comments:

Catwoman said...

I completely agree with you. It's just heartbreaking. Being a Canadian abroad I want this sooo bad! Not just for the bragging rights (although, that's a big part of it), but just for how great it'd be for Canada!

Who knows, maybe a miracle will happen. But I don't know if I can bear to watch any more...

twinmomplusone said...

I'll keep watching and supporting them cause even if they loose, they went this far which is awesome AND more importantly created such a memorable frenzy in this city, one like I've never seen before here.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs