Monday, February 5, 2007

What movies made you cry?

Yesterday during Christos's nap, I managed to find a few minutes to myself and sat on the coach to watch TV. Father of the Bride was on... now, I have seen this movie a million times, and I still love it. In fact, I still cry... hard... every single time I see this movie! Not just at one specific scene, but all throughout the movie. I can't help but bawl when Steve Martin is in bed the night before his daughter's wedding and he has flashbacks to when she was a baby, a little girl, a teenager, and now, in the arms of another man. Wahh! And at the end when he is dancing with his wife, after Annie calls to say good-bye. Oh, my. I'd say it's one of my favourite movies. (With a great soundtrack) I get so emotional when I watch Father of the Bride! I think part of the reason is because Steve Martin really reminds me of my dad. They are similar in so many ways... their mannerisms, how funny they are, and how they do everything for their children. So this got me to thinking of listing the movies that have made me cry, and cry hard. What movies have you watched that left you in weeping, heaping mess?

My list:

1. Father of the Bride - Cry throughout the entire movie
2. The House of Sand and Fog - I was OOC (out of control) with this one, like SOBBING
3. Legends of the Fall - Again, sobbing
4. Gladiator
5. Crash
6. My Girl
7. Bambi - Emotionally scarred me! 6 years old, went to see it with my dad when my mom was at work, and we had to leave when Bambi's mom died because I had to call my mom to make sure she was still alive.
8. Ghost
9. Forrest Gump
10. Titanic
11. Love, Actually
12. Pay It Forward
13. Schindler's List
14. The Notebook
15. Steel Magnolias

No comments:

Blog Designed by: NW Designs