Thursday, February 15, 2007

My afternoon thoughts...

'This too shall pass' - I swear this has been repeated by me too many times to count since I gave birth to my wonderful baby boy. And I said it last night, during Christos's bathtime, when he started filling up his little bath buckets with water, and proceeded to dump the water on the floor, on the walls, and all over his mommy. I calmly told him 'no, sweetie, pour the water back in the tub, or here - in mommy's hands!' and he did that for a while, but he's not one to be tricked, so he went back to pouring buckets of water on the walls, on the floor, and all over his mommy again. This has been going on for a few days now... and I know - 'this too shall pass'. And maybe I should have been more insistant with saying 'no', perhaps even going as far as to take him out of the bath, but I just couldn't help but laugh and smile along with my little guy because he was having a blast, laughing, splashing, being a perfect 18 month old baby boy. And so what if we need to put new tile's in the bathroom, have a flood which will ruin our dining room table downstairs, and have to re-paint the bathroom walls? Everything is about Christos. And I love it. Getting soaked and all. (**Hoping tonight he doesn't throw water on mommy, though, because I did just get my hair blow-dryed over lunch!)

He is trying to say I love you. It's so cute to hear him trying... "I loooo uuuu" it sounds like, but I know exactly what he is trying to say... he says it usually after I say it to him. Can I just say, again, how amazed I am everyday? He takes my breath away. In everything he does. I melt in a puddle when he takes my hand to bring me where he wants me to go, or just takes my hand to walk with him. There really are no words to describe the feeling...

And he's beginning to really love colouring. It's amazing, I tell him to draw something, and he does... well, it doesn't quite look like what I tell him to draw, but in his scribbles, I can see it! "Christos, draw a snake" "Ewww!" he goes, and proceeds to draw a snake... "Christos, draw a clock!" I say, and he looks up at our clock with such concentration, then back down to his paper, and scribbles away. It's so adorable. I am not throwing out anything he creates! Such beautiful little works of art.

5 comments:

Dal said...

I love reading your posts about little Christos. It really is refreshing to see someone love and cherish their little one as much as you do!

Dal :-)

skichik79 said...

ahhh I can't wait for my turn with all this :)

Loukia said...

Aww, thanks Dal! You'll be the same way, I'm sure of it, when your little girl is born! You too, Max! :)

Gina said...

cutie-- he loves me the most. :)

except when i tell him no and then proceeds to take a stick and hit my mom with it, bite her and then pull my hair. but its funny.

Loukia said...

LOL... I just can't get mad at him, ever! I think it's so cute when he gets mad and bites! Haha!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs