Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Holy smokes...

Okay... the Oscars are on this Sunday! (Same day as my sister's 24th birthday, but I'm sure I'll post about that seperately!) Usually the Oscars are a very big deal for me. Especially since I am a huge movie buff and see all the nominated movies beforehand. (Chicago, American beauty, Crash...) But this year, I have not seen ANY OSCAR NOMINATED MOVIES. And the Oscars are on SUNDAY. So I was thinking... on Friday, instead of going to work, I should check in to the hotel across the street and watch Babel, Little Miss Sunshine, and The Departed. At least then I won't feel so left out come Oscar night. But chances are if I were to check in to the hotel across the street, I'd fall into a deep, deep sleep. See, I'm very, very tired. Christos went to bed at 11:30 p.m. last night. I went to bed after midnight - housework never ends - and woke up at 6 a.m. Yesterday, I was also up around 6 a.m. and did not stop moving until after midnight. I'm. Very. Tired. So maybe I should give myself a break and go sleep for 7.5 hours on Friday at the hotel across the street... would that be so very bad? I know it won't happen, though... I have such bad mommy guilt, even when I'm home and hubby tells me to sleep in or take a nap and he'll hang with baby, I can't do it. To top things off... I am sick... sore throat, headache, a yucky cold (see picture below of what it actually looks like). Christos is sick too... runny nose... sneezing... poor little guy! But otherwise, he's just full of energy and just as playful, so yay for that. Winter sucks! And oh yeah... All-Stars TAR is on Sunday as well... thank God for PVR! You know, I think I will rent Little Miss Sunshine and watch at least that movie before Sunday. If I can only find the time...

2 comments:

Devra said...

I've checked in to a hotel before in order to reset myself and be a less sleep deprived and happier mom. Get the movies, get the room!

Dal said...

I've seen 2 of those movies. Little Miss Sunshine, LOVED it! Departed, fell asleep as it was SO boring!!! And Babel, no idea but I heard it was weird.

Dal

Blog Designed by: NW Designs